Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Have So Much Love for You, Elsa Kate!


I Have So Much Love For My Daughter!

While I was pregnant with EK, I wondered how I could have more love in my heart and life to share with another child.  I actually worried about this.  Enough to make me lose sleep and feel depressed that I was going to ruin a child who had a mom that loved her brother ohso much more than her, causing her to feel neglected.


So that was a bit extreme.  But I can just lump that under the label of "crazy pregnancy hormones and emotions", right?

I was wrong.  There is more love here.

The love just grew and it was the TIME and ENERGY that I should have been concerned about.  Those things did not double when there were two kids.  

But the love did.

I love this baby so.


It is a blessing to me to just hold her and feel her soft skin as she lies draped over my shoulder.  


I appreciate her as a baby so much.




I appreciate doing the caring for her as a baby more than I did in the past, too.  It feels more special and sweet for me to do these mothering tasks.  I think its because I already know how to do it and I haven't done these things for a long time.

If I were still feeling the post-partum emotions I experienced six weeks ago, I would be sobbing, sad, joyful tears about how fortunate we are to have a healthy girl and one who is photogenic and a good sleeper, too.
Now those things have passed and I am able to appreciate her without needing to calm down and get a Kleenex.



No comments:

Post a Comment