Saturday, May 21, 2011

Best Milestone So Far: Smiles!

Elsa,
You are four and a half weeks old and tonight when I picked you up for your middle of the night feeding, you gave me a great gift.  I'd been awake in bed, listening to you stir.  You were grunting, panting, and licking your lips, so I assumed you were very hungry and would want to get straight to business.  Instead, you looked up at me with a look of recognition and SMILED.  You grinned about a dozen times, each one a little bit different.  I exclaimed, and your dad got up to see you smile, too.  I hope you smile for him tomorrow because he isn't as alert in the middle of the night as I am (less practice!).

Your grin is toothless (of course) and actually close-mouthed, something that surprises me.  Its really cute.

Thanks for this present!
Love
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment