Friday, May 13, 2011

I Am Glad You Were Born Contest Comment

One of the blogs I follow, Cotton Babies, is sponsoring a little contest with the sentence starter... I'm Glad You Were Born.


I am glad YOU were born, Miss Elsa... if you weren't born three weeks ago, I'd be nearly 42 weeks pregnant, which would be very uncomfortable, I bet!

Here is the comment I left:

I am so glad you were born, dear children. I delight in your charm and beauty and find a renewed sense of meaning for my life when we are together as a family of four. Though motherhood was not an original ambition I set for my life, each day I set a goal to be the best mom I can be for you two, which includes being emotionally and physically present for you receptive to how you show me love. 

Son: I am thankful for our twenty one month relationship together. You light up my life and bring joy to our home. 

Daughter: I am eagerly anticipating our life together, too. Three weeks is a short time to be your mother and thus I am giddy with the thought of being blessed by you for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment