Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fetal Kick Count - Record Breaker!

Part of my prenatal care advice has been to keep record of how the baby moves each day.  I did this for Daniel's pregnancy, too.  The idea is that the baby should be moving at least four times per hour, and that I keep track of two times per day of these movements.  I am supposed to try to observe morning and evening and if I don't notice movements, I need to go to a quiet place, relax, and lie down to observe more closely.

This baby has been a record breaker for movements this weekend.  At times I have felt four movements in two seconds.  Other times, the movements are a few seconds apart, but they last for several minutes.

This baby is so active that I wonder if she has a hard time being settled and getting comfortable, much like I do when I go to sleep every night.  It takes me a long time to get comfortable, too, whereas Dan can basically fall asleep in the same spot he sat down to read in and barely move a muscle.

I also notice all movements below my belly button, and thus I know the baby is still in a breech position.  On very rare occasions, I can tell the baby is moving more vertically, but it doesn't last long!  I am a little relieved that I won't have trouble with bruised ribs or ribs out of place as I did with Daniel starting at about this time, but I think I'll have more stretch marks this time.  I also notice I have to use the bathroom with much more frequency, even if it is just an ounce or so because she's karate chopping my urinary bladder!

No comments:

Post a Comment