Wednesday, January 26, 2011

(Almost) 28th Week Check Up

On Monday I visited Dr. Grant for a standard check up.  It had been nearly a month since the last visit, but he advised coming in weekly through the duration of the pregnancy.

The first stop at our appointment was in the ultrasound room.  Dan and Daniel came, too.  We watched the scan of our baby, and Daniel laughed and laughed at my exposed belly.  He distracted us a bit from watching her on the screen, but we did get to see her enough.  She was very active and is head down, face out, legs and arms everywhere! 

Structurally, she is fine.  There is the correct amount of fluid in her stomach and bladder, which means she is ingesting the amniotic fluid as is normal.  She also did lots of lung and diaphram movements they call practice breathing, which indicates she is a bit more developed than Daniel was at this age and stage.

The next appointment is February 2, and I'll be having the blood work for gestational diabetes and a nonstress test to monitor the baby's heart rate and measure my contractions. 

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've had a chance to visit this blog in forever. I love it! I'm so excited for you that you are having a little girl! I love my little girls sooooo much, they are tons of fun! I wish blogs had a like button like Facebook!

    ReplyDelete