Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things That Belong To You Three Months Before Your Expected Arrival.

I have not collected as many things as I had hoped so far, but do know that I am mentally planning crib bedding, a detailed shopping list for yard sales, and a few more other special purchases for you.

You have a drawer in the nursery dedicated to you and all the things I have for you are stored there.  I spread them out to look at them this week, and I got even more excited about you.


There are six diapers for you in pink and purple.  You will wear several of the ones your brother wore, but these are special for you.  I was excited to get them for you and actually, I am excited to do diapering for you because these are two of my favorite colors. I much prefer them to the bright blues we've used for Daniel.


I bought the little striped shirt a few years ago.  Its so sweet.  It reminds me of sherbet flavors and My Little Pony.  


These shirts are three month size and are from your Aunt Rachie. I love them.  You will not often wear words because these days, babies wear really obnoxious sayings, but these two sayings are appropriate and very sweet.  Sorry, you can't wear shirts that say Lil Diva or Drama Queen.  


I won these leggings in an online drawing, and they are so sweet.  If you have chubby legs, they will be precious.  Your brother did not have chubby legs, and they looked precious anyway with body suits.  I think you will be wearing a lot of leggings.  They are awesome.


This is the dress I have from my birth.  You might not wear it right away, or it might be a keepsake.  Either way, I think it is lovely.


The quilt in the backdrop is made by a friend named Emily.  I bought it in the summer of 2009, even though then I was pregnant with a boy.  I thought it was so beautiful.  It is my gift to you before I even knew about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment