Saturday, February 26, 2011

32 Weeks... Almost 33.

And although many people, especially strangers who see it fit to share openly, tell me that I look so small for this far in pregnancy, I need to tell you, I do not feel the same way.

I've got a more compact, tight bundle of pregnancy in my front right now.  My dear girl is constantly doing jumping jacks and getting hiccups and fidgeting.

I am pretty sick now with a sinus infection and bronchitis, so I bet she is getting a lot of disrupted sleep due to coughing and my whining about feeling so pitiful.

In previous weeks I felt totally okay with an early delivery baby.  Right now though, the thought of that scares me.  My house needs a good cleaning, as in, getting the winter gunk out.  My body needs a good healing (also getting the winter gunk out).  I want this baby's arrival to be peaceful for me, and feeling stress about getting her sick or getting the gunk off the baseboards and etc. do not make for a peaceful welcome home experience!

In other news, I have decided that I feel much more okay having a baby shower in some sort of format for this pregnancy than any other.  I feel so safe in this pregnancy and have a new realization that it is something that should be commemorated with a rite of passage like a special party.  I do not expect presents or whatever, but I do want to listen to and enjoy the company of others who already love this baby, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment