Thursday, September 8, 2011

You've Got Busy Hands!

Elsie,

Something I notice about you that I didn't notice with your brother is how you are always touching!  You manipulate fabric all the time, reach for objects to hold, and pat many objects.  You grasp. You pinch. You touch, touch, touch.  Its interesting to me because you started this at two months and now as a four month old, I can count on you to be busy with your hands when you nurse.  You enjoy the different shirts I wear and seem to take note of different textures.  Your arms are getting long enough to reach past my collar bone and up to my face.  Its sweet to feel your gentle graze (or not so gentle whack!).  I am so curious to see how this sense develops into a talent for you.

I try to give you a variety of textures nearby, and it does seem to stimulate your activity.  The photos below have many different fabrics, and while you were swinging side to side you brushes the afghan and muslin blanket with your fingertips.

Love
Your Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment