Sunday, August 7, 2011

Almond Milk and Oreos...

Just NOT the same.

My daughter EK has a milk protein allergy, which means her
breastfeeding mother must eliminate dairy.
Hence, the strange carton of milk-like liquid.

The label says vanilla flavored, but I cannot tell there is a vanilla
flavor! It takes slightly bitter, and if you swallow quickly and
don't let the liquid linger on your tastebuds, its slightly like skim
milk.
(slightly)

I do like that the product has more nutrition than the skim milk I
enjoyed before EK was born. It is also just twice as much as a half
gallon of skim milk, which surpirses me. It must take A LOT of
almonds to make the milk!
(How to they milk the almonds anyhow?)

I was really missing large glasses of chocolate milk and big bowls of
cheerioes with milk and strawberries and bananas, so that's why I
bought this milk.

You have to consume the product within a week of opening it, so I'll
be trying to enjoy the almond milk anyway I can... like with Double
Stuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment