Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Look What's Coming In the Mail...

A Big Girl Car Chair for EK!

Her infant seat is expired now, and I feel pretty strongly about using
a current car seat, despite claims from those close to me that
expiration dates are probably less significant than I think they are.

I researched for three months and asked dozens of well-informed mamas
when I shopped for DHH's convertible carseat, but for this purchase, I
shopped and purchased the seat within twelve hours of deciding to buy
a new chair. That's very speedy of me.

My requirements for this chair are that its safe (of course, and
really, I think everything sold in a store IS safe, or it wouldn't be
alowed to be sold), is that it has a smaller footprint that the
Evenflow DLX HugeMongo seat DHH has (that's not its real name, but it
is a monster), and that I like the look of it.

This seat fit the bill, and it is about $90 less than it was when I
looked at the same chair for DHH.

I feel a little strange about putting my four month old in a
convertible seat, but this one reclines fully for rear facing and she
is LONG. It seems silly to get an infant seat when she will be too
large for it in two or three months. The seat says its fine for
children who WEIGH FIVE POUNDS. That is crazy!

I passed on the Lily Pink, though I did sort of want a less gender
neutral seat. It was more expensive, and the red is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment