Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Few Firsts!

Elsa,

At three months, three weeks of age, you did three firsts today.

You and I practiced eating food today.  You were watching me eat cherries (which are so delicious during the first weeks of August!) and laughing at me.  So I made a game of it and pretended to feed you a bite each time I took a bite.  You loved it.

Tonight Daddy and I moved your bed into DHH's room.   He is sleeping at Nanny and Pop's house, so you are officially sleeping ALONE.  It took you awhile to settle down, but you are sleeping in there.  I feel a little nervous about this, even though Daniel did this when he was only 4 weeks old.

The other first you did was be a a third wheel.  You went on a date your daddy and I took.  Don't worry, you weren't nosy or noisy.  You were pretty cute, but you were actually easy to ignore (compared to a toddler!) and you let us have a good conversation and a peaceful dinner.  We took you out for a walk at a park afterward, and you let us know you were tired and ready to go home.

I love you, sweet girl.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment